Thursday, July 22, 2010

O rain..O rain!

Here comes the July madness with an everlasting cool breeze to pamper your senses, a light drizzle to wash away the worries of your soul and make you feel delighted in a way, that you feel everyday is a honeymoon time of your life. Well that may not be the case with everybody around but that’s what I suggest to my married buddies. As for me, it’s all in my brain (shshhh)!

Rains always have a strange effect on me! I experience such roller coaster rides of memories, of fantasies which leave me staring at the blank space with the sound of raindrops hypnotizing and boosting the effect.
I love the rains for the sheer splattering of the raindrops ;I relive the moments of snuggling in the warm bed, taking short naps every now and then(studying less, sleeping more); peeking from under the covers and telling my brother to get up else mom will surely be out of patience. But then, mommy dear comes with milk and breakfast..

KAIDI NUMBER EK..OUT OF BED! NoW!
KAIDI NUMBER DO..BRUSH NoW! Or you both know your incharge very well.
(What a stare mom and what a weird sense of humour!duh)

Slowly we manage to crawl (after a few mutual kicks and a brawl)..and then we are shift our tables in the Verandah to get a better view of the beautiful morning outside. My brother does manage to concentrate well despite the awesome nature of the weather. But, hey did you see me?? There is a great thinker (or rather a philosopher) in the making..laid back on her chair, with the pen on her forehead and staring at the vast expanse of the dark clouds..she is bound to be the harbinger of change which the world seeks today.

Almost 4 hrs pass by and my brother is getting real worried –

DD, DD, DD, DD! Hellooooo…KAIDI NUMBER DO..Are you again in your Calvin’s world??
Oh God..(When will my Brother understand?! Sigh!) KAIDI NUMKBER EK..Just look at the clouds, dark like death. What if the floods come and we all die? What if the clouds burst just like they show in Micky Mouse cartoons? I need to build Noah’s ark now, save you all and my friends..(KOI BHI NAHI CHUTNA CHAIYE!)

Sad enough..KAIDI NUMBER EK was hysterically laughing his guts out and telling our incharge(mom).. DD gai kam se..Faasi dedo ise.. (So much for my bright ideas to save the world! Seems my brother’s idea was much better..Aristotle kinds! My mother was even considering it seriously.) The savior, the thinker, the philosopher in me died (only till the next rains come :p)..courtesy my brother. (God only knows who will save the world now..sigh!)

I love the rains for puddles of water, which I splash on my friends after racing towards home from office bus. These small runs leave me so excited that I again run back with my friends, with the paper boats in hand. We put the boat carefully in water and watch it float one inch. Yippe..CHAL GAI! We clap our hands and shout on the top of our voices (obviously when nobody is watching ;)), until it drowns. Or until some of our neighbors start noticing our foolishness and give us cold vibes.

I love the rains for the wet long drives on empty roads, soaring to 100km/hr and then stopping at nothing (except for a slip or a miss or a major accident and that too head on)! It’s like kicking the grounds every now and then and flying higher and higher with each kick! The only thing which can stop me is the roadside ‘Tapri’ and the sizzling hot tea.

I love the rains for the rainbows with the soft music playing in the back of my mind! Vivid romantic thoughts cloud my mind (B* all of them, they piss me off too!). Life seems more beautiful when the colors of the rainbow seep deep inside and I soak them all. I get nostalgic with the memories of the people I love, the gala time spent with them, the weirdness and the crazy fights I had with them. And do you even know that I even imagine being normal someday (too much of an expectation, you see)!
So much for the love of rains; Should save some of it now! I just wish to see all the colors of the life’s rainbow..Oh I wish I wish! :)

5 comments:

  1. you know cancerians and their imagination powers....nicely done nimmo... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. tanku...saurabh!
    n sid..tanks ;) pure cancerian feature! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rains!!! wow..bring such a relief after maddening hot summer and what else could be better than first rain of the season and that too on Friday evening :)

    Nicely written!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah Rohan,,a much awaited respite!..phew! :)

    ReplyDelete