Thursday, July 15, 2010

Comfort Zone!

Some habits never die. I’m the kind of a person who constantly needs her head filled up with multiple thoughts or tasks to worry about. And once was alone with an empty mind, I find myself saying the good ol’ word again and again –“I’m very bored! ” I even used to throw tantrums at home and ask my father to take me out. This is a regular habit of mine since I was a kid. I used to get a lot of scolding from my Mom and Dad for this. At first they used to take me and my brother out to places or ask us to play some games but later even they were tired of my complaining. It is then they took my class, as I see it-
My Dad asked me – “Tell me what according to you is being bored?”
I was like –“I don’t know. I don’t feel good about doing something. I’m not comfortable. It’s like I have a kind of empty feeling. I am just not able to describe it!”
My Dad – “Hmm..Now that’s a big problem. What do you like to do best? I suppose you like playing. Then play in your free time. One can only get bored when he/she is not busy or is not doing anything of his/her interest. So, go and play then!”
I am still bogged down- “No Dad, Playing the same game again and again makes me feel more bored as it becomes a routine.”
My Mom – “True! So, then you should find new games to develop more interest. Or, better do something you don’t like at all.”
I ‘m so confused –“Why would I do that when I’m not comfortable doing something?”
My Dad at his best – “Understand one very important thing in life, once something becomes routine, it is sure to get on your nerves and you will not feel happy about doing it anymore; which, in your words, is getting ‘bored’. Then, at that time you need to decide, how to make it more interesting by using ways and means, which you generally never thought of. You can also meet up new friends and use their suggestions. This way you will have a whole bunch of new friends and a lot more fun with what you do.
My Mom was like gyani atma- “You should also understand that we generally do things which we like and since we like it, we become pros at it and then all charm is gone. There isn’t any challenge left in doing it. Therefore, I want you to do something which you never thought you are capable of doing or you don’t like. Don’t have any fears that you will be a failure or something. Just do it with you whole heart and the results will show. Else you will be satisfied that you gave your best and that is what should matter. Just be the best in whatever you do and then tell me if you ever get bored!”
Well, after all this Gyan, I was really confused. But, I did start, quite a good start with two new hobbies adding up–
Sketching - Learnt minute details from my father.
Cooking- When mother was not at home (:P) . I hated cooking very much earlier. (It was now my mother’s turn to get pissed off with my dishes in her absence!)
So much, for the good part or before the 20+ crisis in life.
Come 20+ age and these signs again begin to show up in our lives when our job sucks and we get into some field which we never wanted to be a part of. We get into relations and boredom seeps in after sometime. Or being single gives us a crappy feeling of being alone in this world; a kind emptiness in heart!
I look at my friends and then I tell them – “Since you haven’t got what you wanted to, don’t stay unhappy or feel dejected. Try for something you also wished for and till that time, give the best efforts in what you do, if at all, you really want to be happy. Cribbing will never relieve you of the empty feeling or boredom. Get out of your comfort zone and face the challenge. You are capable of much more than what you imagine yourself to be.
As far as relations are concerned, if you are single or double (:D), keep trying new things and never lose hope. There might be some mundane times but with your efforts, they will fade away. “
For friends, who have had break offs and can’t seem to overcome, this is for you – “You are much stronger than you know. Experience the freedom and give a damn about the empty feeling. It’s really fake!”
It is so simple- “Break your boundaries of comfort and experience new highs! Just face it and get a life. Fly high and then just DIVE!”

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm so there ver many moments when u were confused, is it the reason u have ur profile name CONFUSED NEMO :) .....jokes apart it was very nice like other blogs.
    Waise i have some queries based on few last lines......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...loads of questions everytime..ha ha
    thanks to my parents who bear all dis
    n my brother too who is way too mature than me :(
    neways..lemme know wat questions r popping up? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey nice post again..Agree with you here..I have been following last few lines of your blog from some time now..and believe me it WORKS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey tanks rohan for reading my posts..gues tuff times never last..so..stay happy...no matter wat happens!:)

    ReplyDelete