Sunday, June 6, 2010

Tit Bits of Happiness

Life's moving fast.

And here I am recounting days where I have actually been happy. Just a thought, since I am idle these days. Somewhere down the memory lane, I had thought that I will remember only things that were grand or which were a turning point in life. But now when I recall, it's the smallest of gestures by friends or the foolishness of age which have mattered the most to me.

I remember the day when me and my friends played tirelessly for 7 hours as soon as our board exam paper was leaked. We even went for a picinic to aeroplane park..5 of us..on one scooter.

I remember having the first crush (along with 30 other girls of my class, to be specific 7th standard) when 2 Russian students came for an exchange program to our school. What fun it was to watch girls do crazy things like dating those guys and write love letters.Had I been less studious or more spoiled types..even I would have done that but it worth watching them all, acting crazy. :)

Teasing guys made my day, when they got serious for some girl in class 4..haha.. so kiddish, it was.

And yes, how can I forget,.. being a tom boy kinds, I even had a duel with a guy and punched him real hard but sadly, he was stronger. What a waste fight it was.

College time, the best and the most gala time if my life. Made so many friends..knew almost all my batch. Thankfully none of them was pretentious and even though grown up, they were kids at heart. Driving to college..52kms round trip on marine drive..reaching at 10am and leaving at 12:30pm after waiting for friends and then reaching home...7:30 pm was a routine, we never missed; no matter how many classes we bunked. Any believe it or not, we bunked it for playing 'Chain' or 'Pakdam Pakdai' on the lake side. Many courtships did develop and are still on for good. :)

Side by side..going to the dam after our morning coaching class and teasing the couples there, was another of our time pass. We even used to throw pebbles at them and run off. Can't stop laughing, thinking about it. Forgot to mention about the accidents too..major time headon collisions while learning bike..car..and what not.

Infy times..a separate place altogether..both at home and in office. Missed my college life like anything. Considering my personal acquaintances, I have found that the ratio of me being friends with girls has always been 1/4 of me being being friends with guys. Simple reason, my parents have always treated me as their son :). So, I found it really hard to make friends with my roomates. But lately, that barrier is broken.

I have had some really good times with them watching Mamaji's habits and learning tactics of tracking guys or searching them on FB or orkut(for their marriage)..haha..total fun..no intention. I remember the times when I have been real sick or during my exams, when they have cared for me in their best possible way.
When they have helped me grow out of home sickness..
When they start dancing on any song anytime..
When we started sharing a common hobby of singing..the I-31 hobby

And yet there are some more friends who have touched my heart by their own sweet gestures..
like cracking a PJ when I am in the worst of moods..or waking me up in the morning when I least expect them to..or singing a song for me...in a very gruff voice or by swearing at me..on phone..like the bestest of friends.

I'm smiling today. And wish to..even when this Life tries to overtake me. Thanks to all who have made my life worthwhile..an continue to do so..You matter a lot to me..

12 comments:

  1. loved ur post nemo..keep going...
    waiting to read ur blogs in time to come.. :)
    luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot deepu...subuk subuk..u r the first one to appreciate it here...

    n Thanks sumeet for being a follower of my happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true.. Even i cherish all the sweet drops that make up the sea called life. Written truly your style- straight from the heart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Ones...:)..Instead of thanks , i need one more blog of thing called smile.. :)..waiting for that..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Siddarth :)

    n temme wat does it remind u :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Tit Bits ... " OR "Tid Bits ..." :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice write up !!!Refreshes good old days !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liju..i remember u also being a part of it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good memories!
    Just that I thought there would be a little more in Infy ... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kiran..Infy has a separate space....pura ek blog wud oonly suffice :)

    ReplyDelete