Thursday, September 30, 2010

Smile all the way through!

When I was a kid, I used to cry when I didn’t want to go to school or when my teacher scolded me for bringing pickle in tiffin as it was not healthy..when a boy in my class broke my first yellow hair band…Pools of tears ran down my face on small small things…That’s when my mom always used to tell me – “Look at the girl out there, she looks so good when she smiles but will she look good if she doesn’t? So if you want to look good, smile always and do not cry over petty things in life. If you are happy then everything will be automatically good.” Hmm..some convincing argument my mom gave and that smile stuck on my face ever since. 

My teachers thought – “Why does this girl always smile for no reason” and the verdict was announced within 2 min time – “Nimisha..Please stand up! This girl..she is always upto some mischief.” 
..although I never was..It’s just that I had promised myself to maintain the smile even when my thoughts were just the opposite..not so happy..(boring classes) Anyhow my teachers also understood my habit and they got used to my cheery face..

It was also because of this attitude that I now have loads of loving friends.. they used to tell me – “It feels good when we talk to you because be it the worst exam you have had or the worst tensions you have, we have never seen you loose that smile..In fact, you are the rarest of kinds who laughs after knowing that you have screwed you exam badly.” On hearing this..I used to laugh even more showing my irregular teeth as if they were some lucky charm. But yes..it felt good to know that you are there to cheer up people when they need it most…when ..even they are feeling low.. In my hearts I always used to question – “isse bura kya hoga” and yes.. since I was always prepared for the worst “bura hota bhi nahi tha”.

Off late that smile has diminished..and I hate it to the core..
Simple reason – growing up and expecting a lot from life..trying to resist myself from facing the unkown or the worst. Somewhere I have lost that smile and the attitude to fight back the worst by being prepared for it.

Today..I promised myself..
I won’t crib anymore..I won’t let my smile fade with the complexities of life..I will stop expecting from life because everything will happen for best…I will smile all hearts and clear the life’s toughest exam..for sure..

5 comments:

  1. Nicely written. You made me remember a girl in my 5th standard who always used to smile for no reason :)

    Its sad that with growing age we loose our smile. Wish we could bring it back. Your friends are lucky to have you..

    Keep smiling..again an inspiring writeup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha...yes..we always have lots reasons to smile also..but with frustrations..we seem to miss out those..

    n u too r one of my frns now..fikar not..lucky u..ha ha..u also need loads of inspiration in ur tuff timez.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah..i meant i was lucky :) you are savior for us in tough times :)

    Hope we get to become one for you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Smile Please......... My favorite dialogue was dying after I was screwed for 3rd time In DPS. because of my Smile I couldn't pass even a single Chemistry class test. Wen I see my photos dese days I missed myself. My Smile is my best asset which have been locked. Thanks Nimisha for giving me the key to that locker wid ur write up. Ab to bhand me jaye Duniya... Hum hans hans ke bajaayenge Harmuniya....(:)Smile please.............;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gud one Vijay....tum to comedy champ rahe hoge.. :D
    n do keep smiling..coz age iski sabse jyada zarurat apdti hai :)

    ReplyDelete